How to Apply
As part of JLT’s commitment to offer efficient service to the Medical Practitioners, we would like to invite you to apply/ renew online by following the steps below:
1. Go to https://online.medefend.com.my/onlineportal
2. Click Sign Up
3. Fill in your information (Name, MMC Number, MMC Registration Date, Email Address, Password) and Click Register
4. A confirmation link will be sent to the registered email and please activate your account
5. Go to https://online.medefend.com.my/onlineportal
6. Key in your MMC Number
7. Key in your password
8. Click Log In & Follow the instructions
9. Click Submit once completed
Kindly take note that JLT cannot accept any Cash payment. Please email your Proof of payment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for Payment Methods.
The recent Medical (Amendment) Act 2012 and Medical Regulations 2017 stipulate that all doctors must have indemnity insurance before they can renew their Annual Practising Certificates (APC). The said amendment comes into effect on 1st January
2019. As such, all doctors renewing their APC from 1st January 2019 has to provide evidence of professional indemnity cover for the approved period in the APC.
Pursuant to the said Amendments, our MEDEFEND Scheme provides doctors the option of obtaining coverage for a minimum of 6 months to a maximum of 18 months (on a pro-rata basis) i.e.:-
a. All MEDEFEND renewals/applications BEFORE 1st July 2019 will be provided coverage upto 31st December 2019; and
b. All MEDEFEND renewals/applications AFTER 1st July 2019 will be provided coverage upto 31st December 2020.